Gluten Free Vegetable Slice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt and a few grinds of pepper
1 large head broccoli, washed and broken into florets
2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese *
½ cup almond meal
¼ cup coconut meal
¼ cup tapioca flour
2 level teaspoons gluten free baking powder
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cup sunflower seeds
• Preheat oven to 180c and oil a baking dish, e.g. lasagne dish.
• Whisk eggs in a medium to large bowl, and whisk in olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Place broccoli in food processor and process to a course crumb consistency. Add to egg mixture.
• Process onion and carrots and add to mixture with grated cheese.
• Sift in almond meal, coconut meal, tapioca flour and baking powder using the back of a spoon to press out any lumps.
• Combine all ingredients well and pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing out top.
• Sprinkle on pine nuts and sunflower seeds and bake for aprox 45 minutes or until golden and firm.
Serve hot, warm or cold, on its own or with a salad.
*For a dairy free option omit grated cheese and add an extra ½ teaspoon salt.